8 Fifelski Boys

March 20, 2009

Baby Chicks Arrive: St. Patrick's Day!


The chick in the center is a Rhode Island Red


The chicks that are already feathered a bit are RI reds, the brownish ones are Isa Browns and the Yellow ones are Buff Orpintons.



They are so so cute!
We have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 4 Isa Browns.
We also have 18 eggs in the incubator.
(These will be a surprise-- but, we may get Barred Rocks!)

Hopefully next week I will have pictures of the Hen House in progress!
These babies can't live in my basement forever!

We should start getting eggs in September...
and then we will have the yummiest brunches around! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE baby chicks! I always joke that it's too bad they grow up to be chickens. But they are so cute to watch them change as they feather out. It's just amazing how cute they are, and watching them sleep in a pile together.

I can't wait until we start getting our baby chicks - but we have to get the adult birds out of the barn first.

Jen said...

How cool! Another reason I'd love to move out to the country. . . .

:)