8 Fifelski Boys

December 8, 2008

An indication of the complication of mothering 7 boys

I rarely just 'write' a blog entry. Truth be told, I am not an exerienced or interesting writer.
My other secret is that one of the major reason I blog, is to have material to cut and paste right into my kids' scrapbooks. (I DO love scrapbooking! The old fashioned way!)

Anyway, it is complicated mothering so many children. I love it. I wouldn't have it any other way. But, sometimes I drown in the details of life!

For instance, when it is time to go to Mass, it is a miracle if everyone can find their shoes. The other thing that makes me crazy are the toothbrushes. I have given each child their own color. They each have a pillowcase and towel in their special color. This has helped a lot! But, I have yet to find brown or black toothbrushes.. AND.. the kids want THEIR special toothbrushes from the dentist, no matter the color!

Anyway, this week. The toothfairy visited my skeptical 7 y/o. He was telling my sister that he got TWO WHOLE DOLLARS from the tooth fairy. She was shocked. Do you know how much that adds up to? 7 boys with all those teeth? "Well," I explained, "that is just for the FIRST tooth! The tooth fairy brings a little more the for the first one!"

Then Francis says in his very skeptical tone, "But, MOM, YOU are the toothfairy and this ISN'T the 1st tooth, It is the third. Explain THAT to ME!" LOL. Well, like I said. Even the toothfairy gets overwhelmed keeping track of the details of this busy family!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Funny story! Maybe your tooth fairy should visit our house!

Unknown said...

Well, it's always the little things that count, isn't it? Whether it's 7 clever and creative boys, or a barn full of animals - there's always a new dilemma, there's always something unexpected, and there are always little things to make you laugh.

Merry Christmas!!

Redheadmamaof7boys said...

True enough-- remember that 'Cassidy'.. your opportunities to laugh shall multiply!

Merry Christmas to you, too!