8 Fifelski Boys

March 28, 2007

The Plight of a Mama

Well, it has been a really rough 3 weeks. Here I am, "nesting". Wanting to get EVERYTHING organized, painted, and generally in order.. and we have been in the "Battle of the viruses". It's been a royal pain! We started with Seamus on March 11th. 5 days of fever. I got it on the 13th. No fever.. but, couldn't sleep/breath/get anything done for 5 days! Then Francis on the 18th. 5 days of fever. This weekend, the 23rd, mine got worse. Sinus infection, perhaps?? (And, in case you don't know, drugs are VERY limited with pregnancy!) Tuesday a.m. Liam and Peter had fevers. Peter was getting the really yucky messy kind of sick.. all day!

Last night at 3am was about the end of it (I HOPE!) but, he wanted to get up and watch a video. So, I scrap booked for an hour in the middle of the night last night. I couldn't fall back asleep with the fear that he would be sick again. He fell asleep around 4 am. I attempted to sleep, with intermittent dreams about crazy things happening in labor. (I think I am going crazy!)

So, the boys are watching yet another video this morning. Peter seems to be over the tummy part. Thankfully! I am going to take a few minutes to myself. (You know.. put clean clothes on.. put this entry on my blog! LOL!)

The good news is that we should all be SO over this by this weekend. Then, we can get ready for Easter and baby. We can't wait!!

Thanks for sharing in my small agony. I know people go through much worse. But, it sure seems like a lot right now!

I hope to post some Feb and March pictures SOON!

:) KATIE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate- I am so sorry! It sounds like TX and MI have the same viruses. It makes me appreciate our health when we have it! I am glad you are getting better.